Friday, December 28, 2007

Something Heavy Coming Down

So this is how it goes:

This blog is bullshit, I have known that for a while. I started a new page I like more than I will ever like this place. I hate to say that, but it is true. So I'm leaving. And while I'm at it, I give up on blogging. No more of this what I had for lunch today business. No more of this handy sounding board to throw my voice out into the cosmos.

I will miss this page, that is no lie. I have met some good people who I first met when they left a nice comment or two. There were a few who stopped by when I had nothing to say and left when I did and a few who stuck by while I wasted everyone's time and had their faith vindicated.

This blog was where I went to be more of me than I could be elsewhere, but also where I could scream a little at my past and at the problems and burdens I had been given. Those issues are mostly gone or otherwise dealt with. Thanks for listening. That isn't the reason I'm hanging it up, though.

Do you see that post under this one about my brother? I will never do better than that, I think. Proof that beauty is not unknown in the world of rednecks who get there cars stuck in the mud and knock up women. So I am moving on. I have felt for a while that I had greatly outclassed this medium, and I mean that a lot less egotistical than it sounds. So for now, I'll leave this here as a record.

8 comments:

m.a. said...

You are a writer. You always have been. Good luck with the new stuff.

Jenileo said...

I'm really excited to see you put your energy toward something that is very important to you and where you are truly gifted. You did a beautiful job with this blog and your writings have been one of the reasons I have fallen for you. It gave me a little bit of who you are.

I am lucky to be someone to witness your growth and to be able to support you through it.

Joey Polanski said...

You seem angry. Are you gettin enough to drink?

Anonymous said...

MA: Thanks, I plan on it working that way. We'll see.

Jen: Thanks, you're a big reason I'm giving it a shot.

Joey: Jesus man, I wish I was getting enough to drink. Apparently it is uncouth to get drunk at Christmas dinner. Who knew?

anaglyph said...

Bon voyage buddy.

Don't forget the good things you've done here though.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

My blogroll started out as anyone who read me consistently, but now I am very stringent about who I put on there - They have to be able to write. You, my friend, can write. When you told me that Motorhead made you think of running your car into a ditch, or whatever, I knew you were a-okay in my book.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope we can stay in touch somehow, since I too am looking to get into other writing projects.

Be well,

bha said...

Well good job leaving blogspot but I think you made another blog. so there.

I'm all for doing shit other than this what I had for lunch business. I'm putting that to death myself I think. No change of venue though.

Joey Polanski said...

DANG! I wish I coud coment more at Anthologys o Awesome ... but you still got that dangd email adress rquirement -- th WordPress defaultski.

Joey dont DO email address.

Or maybe you knew that awready?

...

...

...

Fuckr!