Monday, December 11, 2006

Pilgrimage and So Forth

The last installment of the Pilgrimage series is done. I decided to offer parts I, II, III, and IV in one file. It's broken up into four parts, clearly marked. Anyway, there, that's done.

That was a pain in the ass.

Here is the link: Pilgrimage

I figured I'd answer a few questions I anticipate now that that's all over.

Q. You were 12?

A. Yes, I was, I also wrote it down, or rather typed it in WP 5.1 on a Tandy 1000. I've always kept journals of memorable dreams. Obviously, I didn't write it so well at 12 as I can now.

Q. So, are there more?

A. Maybe, these things are long and I think they lose readership, but that may just be my kneejerk reaction to any of my posts over three paragraphs. Also, I have many of them written in journals, but they're very dark and sometimes a little too intimate for me to share with all of you.

Q. Are you crazy?

A. No, but sometimes my writing takes that direction, usually in relation to music I'm listening to. The entirety of the writing of the Pilgrimage series was done listening to Godspeed You Black Emperor!'s, Yanqui U.X.O.

Q. Do you think you are/Are you Jesus?

A. No.

Q. Then why the dreams?

A. My life has a spiritual back story that you can't possibly imagine. I try not to write about it because there is no way for me to do that without your prejudices attacking a great and truly original people because their beliefs are not your own. Though my status within that group is sketchy, I love them too much to ever do that.

Q. So about that other thing...

A. February 17 or so, I'll be on my way to southern Iraq via Norfolk, Virginia, reactivated into the active duty US Navy. The best job description I can give for my new duty is either "Pirate" or "Coast Guard sans ROE". No, I'm not scared. Yes, I'll miss home. No, nothing can make me stay. Yes, I'll stay in touch as much as I can.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I had a comment but you pretty much cleared it all up in the Q&A.

Nice profile pic. Do you tote princesses around as your side job?

Chickie

Rock Hammer said...

I hadn't thought of how a Q/A would dry up the comments. That was dumb.

In answer to your question, only if they're Celtic princesses and not too uppity.

Joey Polanski said...

You wont hafta werry bout losin me as a readr, Casey, evn if ya do keep writin em long posts.

Ocourse, you might hafta put up wit me makin some juvenile kinda pee-pee joke evry friggin time; but, HEY! ...

Janet said...

First: I can't decide which picture I like best. Everyone looks good with a smile on, but the other one was so... artistic.

Second, I enjoyed the pilgrimages.

Third, pirating is about the coolest job you can have. And now I can say that I know a pirate.

Rock Hammer said...

Joey: Yeah, I know YOU don't mind long posts, but that's only cause your a litterut Pole. Thomas Jefferson wrote letters about guys like you. Thanks for the pee pee jokes, they take some of the weight off.

Janet: Thank you for reading them, they're sort of hard to write as coherent literature. Arrr!

Sefton said...

Are you allowed to say your rate? What rank did you get out with and do you get to keep it coming back?

Good luck to you, man. Seriously, this is my brother's 3rd time over there and it's not getting better. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

"michael" is JediMacFan, btw. For some reason your site doesn't want to let me post under than name anymore and uses my Gmail login instead.

Anonymous said...

evenstar here Casey - I've been trying all day to comment and can only do it anonymously now it would seem.

Thanks for sharing, my friend. I'm with Joey - you'd not lose me with a long post :) I don't think you'd lose readers at all because of an occasional long post - they might skip the long ones, but they'd still be reading I reckon...

Looks like I'll be shipping out to a new life about the same time as you - I'm not expecting mine to have anywhere near as high a danger quotient though...

Thanks for the response re Perth - I'd like to know more about that... You can email me at lookau@iinet.net.au if you ever have the time and inclination.

All the best from a fellow rock lovin' Virgo!

Rock Hammer said...

JMF: If I had any idea what I was doing, I'd figure out how to fix my comments problem, but I don't. I was/will be an aviation Ordnanceman, but the reason I've been recalled has to do with my physical security NEC. The husky guys always get fucked.

Evenstar: Yeah, I kind of figure fuck the ADD children, but on the other hand I know people are only on the Internet to waste time. I'm trying to balance the needs of the audience with the desires of me to get practiced for actually writing someday.

By the way, I was in Perth back around May of '03 I think.

What are you going to be up to?