Friday, April 20, 2007

Concussion, Contusion, and Minor Whiplash

I have to point out briefly the benefits of a spectacular crash and a new set of contusions.

First among the list is the endorphin and adrenaline rush that courses through you hematos dendrite self for a few hours. The rush I can only describe as euphoric is comparable to any number of chemicals that are fun and enjoyable, though illegal. It is not illegal, however, to place your face in the dirt and slide on it for a while.

The larger benefit is the bump in your personal stock price among the opposite sex. With blood trickling from my nostril and a severe reddish brown stain of bruising over my left eye, I found women enthralled at my mere presence. Yes, children, they love to see a man who has battle damage. Had I known this earlier, I would have spent less on drinks in clubs and more on two wheeled conveyance.

This is OK, I have basked briefly in the attention of an astoundingly beautiful woman whom I have been quietly fascinated by for weeks, I also have a date Sunday with another girl I would normally not consider in my league. She actually witnessed the crash, and she has assured me that it looked as legendary as it felt. She is a lovely woman, but her approach to proposition I can only describe as “predatory.”

In short, the skin I have lost is repaid by the gods of testosterone. Thank you, Ping the enormous and Pong the bold.

On the other hand, I have been phased out of someone’s life for good. She is perfect for someone, though I see a crashing pile of burning parts down our road. Not that it matters, she found my leaving to be too big a burden to bear, and I would not have let her wait for me to come home anyway. We talked things out, and things are still friendly. She was a good girl, and right now good girls are not a priority. Good girls always hate you for leaving, and I am not a fan of being hated.

Not that it matters, I’ve had enough and so I’m getting out. I’m leaving now. I’m a long gone daddy. I wish I could say I don’t need her anyhow. That is true in the strictest sense of black and white truth. I don’t need her. I need air. I need water. I need a drink. I don’t need her, in fact I know I am better off without her waiting behind me, dragging me down for a year.

I apologize to all the good girls of the world. Especially the ones I have met, since I only meet them on my way somewhere else. I'm always crashing something.

6 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Evry time I try to show a chick th bruises & abrasions that indicate my high testostrone-levl, I end up gettin my face slappd & havin to outrun th police.

Anonymous said...

Scars are good too.

And it works both ways. Truth be told, one of the most erotic things I know is to see a beautiful woman with a scar. Not a hideous disfiguring one, true, but an aesthetically asymmetrical beauty-disrupting one.

Oops, sorry, went a bit vague there for a second. Where was I?

My sympathies for when the endorphins wear off and you start the long and annoying journey of building scar tissue. But it will be worth it.

Casey said...

Joey: You got to distiguish between contusion and protrusion

Rev: Funny you bring it up, I was daydreaming the other day about someone and she had a small scar under one eye. Nothing visible unless you spent a lot of time with her. Interesting, I'm sure you're aware of the correlation between symmetry and attraction. All of the women I can ever really remember being irresistable had some note of asymmetry.

A mutual friend of ours has a slight disparity in which side of her mouth relaxes first when she smiles. It can be pretty devastating when you're not ready for it.

Anonymous said...

The true beauty of all things lies in imperfection.

Mutual friend: Ah yes. I saw once. Is she OK, do you know? I haven't heard for a while.

Casey said...

I haven't heard from her in a while, but she's doing her best to work herself to death. She's worked out a lot of stuff over the last year or so, which might explain why she no longer spends any time online. I don't think there's any reason to hope she'll show up online anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

>>She's worked out a lot of stuff over the last year or so, which might explain why she no longer spends any time online.

Hmmm. OK. I think what you're saying is that 'online' was an escape for her and she no longer needs the escape. I hope that is so. But I also hope she hasn't just substituted 'work' for 'escape'...