Saturday, April 21, 2007

Distractions

Quick and dirty, I'm going to be away from here for awhile, maybe two weeks. Some of you are already aware of my accelerating schedule, so I won't elaborate. Since it takes no work besides being a pretentious prick, I'll keep up my minor, but sexy, half of The Five if I can. If you need placated, I always thought these posts were my best, proven by the fact I buried them before anyone could read them:

A Tribute To Ray
A Conversation With A Former Life
A Recipe
A Dream
A Rant
A Trip

I'm curious to see what others people may have liked, as this has been around a year or so now. Leave suggestions in the comments and I'll try to chime in sometime around next Friday or so.

In a side note of minor humorous value, I just had to go through all my posts to make sure I said nothing bad about waitstaff in the history of this site. Call me obsessive. I might be a little more self-conscious than I admit to being at times. I am perhaps a softie who hates to think of hurting anyone. Besides, I used to be waitstaff. If the job was demeaning and geared toward the uneducated poor, I have probably done it. Call me obsessive.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was always fond of A Recipe as you know, but I also liked A Tribute To Ray....

Grad School Reject said...

I'll check out the old posts throughout the week. In the meantime, I thought your recent "Jimmy Page Did Not Understand the Ocean" post was awesome. I reminded me of Catch-22, which I am still advocating you read in the near future.

Joey Polanski said...

You dont think th current post counts as one o yer best?

Casey said...

Well, Joey, this was the 101st post on here, so I guess even though I don't think it's one of my best, it is one of the 100 or so best posts ever submitted to the Internet.

I have been toying with the idea of another recipe, as I love to cook, but I'm trying to figure out what would be suitable.

And finally, I liked the Ocean post, too. I don't know if it's egocentric to recognize when you do something well, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

As a note to everyone, I'm currently going to appointments about twice a day screening up for my imminent departure, and still working and going to school. Next week, free time will rain from the heavens sometime around Wednesday.

Janet said...

The waiters/waitresses need an ally. I'll refer you.

Chickie said...

I'm rather partial to the Recipe and the Trip ones.

Chickie said...

And the Billy Hodges blog. I really like that.

Rock Hammer said...

Yes, Janet, they should. I always had vague ideas, while I was sitting at the grimy break table with my black bowtie and white shirt, of ceoming some type of culinary service based man of justice. Like Batman, only instead of drug dealers or unlikely world conspirators, I would chase down everyone who treated my waitresses like crap or felt they had a right to disrespect their modesty. Probably won't happen, but I always try to call a waitress ma'am.

Well, Chickie, that makes one of you. The Billy Hodges thing is fun, but it requires mood and booze.