Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm Fucking Crazy

I've been thinking about a girl. Actually, she's one of the letters. Her name means "beautiful."

In this life, it seems like all our little inconsistencies and hatreds build up into more than we are. She made me face the truth. We weren't made of the same ethereal bullshit as most others. Our selves were not little pretty things, or little ugly things, simply the product of worlds gone mad. There was no miracle to our destinies. We were just animals trapped in the vestiges of polite, sane humans. We were the darkness that makes up the majority of the universe.

She picked up, dated, and betrayed my best friend. A couple days later, I was in her bed. Honestly, the world was backwards and confusing when I knocked on her door by semi-Freudian accident. I bottle of Sailor Jerry and enough despondency will do that to a guy. Her liquid fingers in my beard and her words in my ear were salves on psychic contusions I don't think even she fully understood.

I had a dream about her last night. A confusing dream of apocalypse and famine. We had to run away and build a fortress. That part of the dream was vaguely frightening.

The rest of the dream was not frightening. In fact it was so unfrighteningly pleasant as to be none of your damn business.

5 comments:

JillWrites said...

And that last sentence was kinda hot.

Janet said...

Crazy? Maybe this craziness is love.

Does she know that you can write like this? Her liquid fingers in my beard and words in my ear were selves... Or perhaps, silly question. Has she read her letter?

Joey Polanski said...

Evry time you fall asleep, you end up buildin sompm.

You need to stay awake an get some rest.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I have been dreaming about Buddhist monks. Figures. You get the girls, I get the sermons.

Rock Hammer said...

Jill: I left small carbon scores on the keyboard as I wrote it. I also had a smoldering scowl. My right eyebrow caught fire.

Janet: It wasn't love. At least, it wasn't in any romantic sense. We just had a moment of mutual understanding that got out of hand.

She'll only read that letter if I'm stupid enough to publish it.

Joey: I don't know what bothered me more; that I had to build a fortress, or that I built it out of the new Desert Blush pavestones and pressure treated garden timbers we have on sale in dept. 28 right now.

Anyglypg: Buddhist monks? Yeah, you need to eat more spicy food before bed time. Tell them I said my dukkha's in check and I'm sipping on some vipisanna on the rocks right now.