Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snippet IV

Got drunk by myself last night and they say that's no way to make things right, I just didn't have anything better to do.

That is a bald-faced lie.

Well, yes, but the song is amazing, though the production is terrible. I did have drink, but it was over pizza at the bar.

What song is that?

"Proud Souls" by Cross Canadian Ragweed.

That was real slick.

Hopefully enough people will like the song and buy their albums and they'll make music forever.

Always scheming. You are some sort of mastermind, aren't you?

Yes, but I try to veil it behind heavy doses of complete incompetence. Or heavy handed maneuvers like opening cans of beans with hatchets, keeps 'em guessing.

Funny, I thought the revolution is over.

That's exactly what I want you to think. See how genius works?

Awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I have new links. I might explain that my links are more for my convenience. I like to be able to hit everything of interest from one site.

And comment.

Um. Sure. I do that sometimes. It's only polite.

I am your conscience, I know when you lie.

Too bad you can't tell me when I drink a fat girl skinny at the bar, asshole. So, no, I don't comment much. I know how amazingly refreshing it is to have thirty people saying "OMG, I totally love, love, love ice cream TOO!!!LMAO!!!" It's reassuring on some level and Blogger has no referrer logs, so lurkers are unaccounted for.

What if they link back?

My links are for my own use, they're not recruiting tools. I don't care if they don't link, I don't even want them to in some cases. I don't think I'm the kind of company they want to keep. Creepy desert dreams, rants about killing people, posts that all seem to be about sex even when they're about rocks or guitars or some shit, not really blogosphere material. People's minds are dirty.

Or you're just always horny.

Such a crass word. I prefer toey. No one is sure whether I want to get in a fight or hop in a sack.

So, have you considered trying to write more to an audience instead of self-centered rambling?

No.

Hmmm.

Ok, yes. I even took pictures of squirrels and made up cute captions. It was real blogger activity, I even found a way to complain about Bush in a psuedo-informed manner using the squirrels as a foil, then I figured out ways to link all the people more popular than me in that post. It was amazing. I come this close to buying an iPod.

And then?

I shot the squirrels and made them into fajitas. Would it be gay to put recipes on here?

Probably.

9 comments:

evenstar said...

Holy crap! "Toey" is in use in Colorado? It IS a world of wonder! Off to check out "Proud Souls"... I guess no link for that is to keep us - um - guessing?

Rock Hammer said...

Evenstar: It is in use in some parts. Mostly the parts I'm in. Somehow it got associated with horny in the states. I just remember the bartender in Perth saying if we were going to get toey we had to get the frack out of his bar. Or some crap. You can't understand an excited Australian, really.

Everyone: Just a note, my anti-blogging tirade is directed at no one I would bother linking to.

Joey Polanski said...

Hey, pal, you got sompm against ICE CREAM?

If it wunt fer ice cream, there woont be as many fat girls t drink skinny at them bars ya go to!

anaglyph said...

Um... didn't you already post a recipe...

Just saying.

Grad School Reject said...

Is it weird that your conscience reminds me of Jill?

Also, thanks for the music tip. A guy I work with recommended one of their albums (Carney? I think...) about six months ago. I never did anything with it, but I'm now off to do my research.

evenstar said...

Oh it's associated with horny over here too - as well as a fighting mood. Always confused the hell out of me...
OANBYTHEWAY - WHADDAYAMEENYACARNTUNNERSTANANEXITEDOZTRAYLIAN?

Rock Hammer said...

Joey: My point exactly

Anaglyph: That was more of a food-based philosophical ramble. A pretty good one, too. I don't remeber writing that, but the offer still stands to share if you bring some Scotch.

GSR: Proud Souls is the last track on Carney. It's a good album song-wise, but the production is still way too Nashville for me. That's because I'm a snob.

And the Jill thing...I don't know, man. Creepy.

Evenstar: Most peole don't realize that Australian is a tonal language.

JillWrites said...

CREEPY? I get behind on my blog reading for a week and I miss a comment in which someone's conscience sounds like me and then that gets called creepy?

DAMN! I miss all the fun.

JillWrites said...

And also, this

"No one is sure whether I want to get in a fight or hop in a sack."

is me adoring you.